Need some tips on how to make Black Friday/Cyber Monday work for you?! I know, it’s sheer madness. I know, most of you don’t even love to shop when there are NO crowds … but… what about the deals?! Those you truly do love, right? I have some helpful tips below on how to capitalize on those sales, even without leaving the comfort of your own home!
According to the National Retail Federation, roughly 174 million people visited retail stores or shopped online on Thanksgiving weekend in 2017, an increase of 151 million from the year before. The average shopper spent nearly $335 during the four-day period, with about 75% of the total specifically earmarked for gifts. But that’s not what I’m going to talk about.
Let’s make it about you! How can you use this time of discount shopping to enhance your personal wardrobe? If you know me, you know I love deals, too. Yes, I pay retail for some items that I absolutely love, but more often than not, I shop end of season sales and consignment shops. Why pay retail if you can get the same item at a lower price!
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, most retailers offer exceptional shopping deals that are difficult or impossible to find any other day of the year. That’s absolutely true. Thanks to extended hours and Thanksgiving evening blitzes at many retailers, it’s easier than ever to score great Black Friday deals without encountering crippling crowds or stress. In many cases, it’s no longer necessary to even leave the house.
If you prefer to shop in person check here for your favorite store’s hours.
Here are some free Black Friday shopping Apps you may want to consider as well…
- Shopular: A location-enabled app that automatically serves you with relevant deals when you approach your favorite stores. Since it’s pretty much effortless to use, it’s a great product to bring to the mall when you plan to hit multiple retail locations. Plus, it has a built-in rebate feature that returns up to 25% off select purchases.
- Flipp: Aggregates flyers and coupons from hundreds of retailers. It lets you upload personalized shopping lists too – perfect for Black Friday. Upload your retail loyalty cards to earn points or rebates on Black Friday buys.
- The Coupons App: Another flyer-and-coupon aggregator.
- TheBlackFriday App: TheBlackFriday’s app is the most narrowly tailored to Black Friday deals. If you’re looking for an app exclusively for the occasion, this is your pick. It does include deals that fall outside the traditional Black Friday window too.
- PriceGrabber is a price comparison app that allows you to instantly compare prices at top retailers.
So, what about Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday 2017 had online sales of $6.6 billion, smashing the previous year’s record. It was the biggest digital shopping day ever!
I am a fan of online shopping and indeed believe this is the future! Although you can shop online for Black Friday there are some deals on Cyber Monday that are even better.
Here’s some Success thru Style tips:
- Amazon Fashion: Black Friday: 50% off select Denim, including styles from J.Crew, DL1961 and True Religion; up to 50% off select Calvin Klein Underwear, and more!
- The Lucky Brand – Black Friday up to 50% off entire store; Cyber Monday Deal: up to 60% off entire site.
- Guess – Black Friday: Up to 50% off the entire store.
- Toms – Black Friday & Cyber Monday: 30% off in-store and online from November 21-27
- 7 For All Mankind – From Nov. 22-27, save 40%
- Lord & Taylor – Extra 40% off clearance the week of Nov. 20-25 and 25% off site-wide and free shipping on Cyber Monday
- Nordstrom – From Nov. 20-26, save 60% off select sale items in stores and online
- Nordstrom Rack and Hautelook – will announce new deals every day Nov 19 – 26.
- Saks Off Fifth – From Nov. 20-26 50% off all coats, men’s & women’s cashmere, designer jeans, boots, hats gloves, and scarves
- Cole Haan – From Nov. 18-24, 50% off select boots, bags, and outerwear plus 30% off everything else.
- Bloomingdales, Saks, Neiman Marcus and other high end stores are not saying WHAT will be onside but they are HAVING a sale so you will have to check online when the day arrives.
The bottom-line is the Thanksgiving weekend has deals that are not a scam. They are real deals on real things that you need in your wardrobe. Yes, it’s also a great time to do your holiday shopping. But don’t forget the numero uno in your life (or should be) – YOU.
Review your wardrobe. What do you truly need or want that will make you feel powerful, confident and beautiful this holiday season and beyond? Now go forth and get those items — on sale! You’re worth it!
p.s. Stay tuned for the Success thru Style Black Friday special!