What’s in Style for Fall and Winter 2018/2019? Download Our Helpful Guide
Fall is officially upon us! Mother nature clearly got the message last week! … and Boom! We woke one morning and instantly needed closed toed shoes, jackets, sweaters, even coats and gloves.
With the change of seasons we change what we wear and with that there is always a change in the fashion trends. I am not a fan of trends; I am fan of personal style.
Trends are not designed with you in mind. They are not about helping you look amazing. Trends are about fashion, creativity and the designers. We want it to be about us, right!
Fashion should communicate who we are. How we show up at our best everyday. Our personal style!
So why learn the trends then? Because, knowledge is power!
- If you know what is on trend, you will be aware of what’s going on in the world.
- If you know what is on trend you know what is considered hip and current.
- If you choose to bring a few new things into your wardrobe, a few things that you love, that work for your brand and that look great on you, these few things will communicate that you are modern, current and relevant.
- If you know what is on trend you can easily make decisions on what is dated, these are things you want to move out of your wardrobe. There’s a difference between not being a slave to trends and being dated. We don’t want to look dated 🙂
- If you know what is on trend you know what’s available in the stores. Are your best colors on trend? Will it be easy to find the pant legs that are most flattering for you? What about your favorite fabrics and prints? Is there a style you seek: are you feminine? Edgy? Sporty? If there are styles, prints, themes that are in style and that tell your brand story, then it might be a time for you to shop!
So what’s in style for the fall and winter 2018/2019 season?
Here are some of my favorites and things you might want to consider:
Cold Shoulders are still on the runway. Check out these styles pictured on the right.
Lingerie inspired tops. I like these as layering pieces to bring a bit of femininity into your look.
Pant Suits. Some of you love pants suits. They will be more available for you now than ever before! (see photo top right)
Jump Suits are such a flattering look on most body types.
Velvet is a beautiful fabric that can now be used casually, as well as formally. Check out these styles pictured on the right.
Mismatched earrings. If you are creative or dramatic this is a fun look.
Remember, unless you are a self-professed fashionista there is no need to run to the mall at the change of the season. If you want a refresh then, of course add a few things, yet be mindful about what you are wearing and what you need. Keep the trends in mind so you know what you will find when you get to the stores. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me, or post what is on your mind in our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SuccessthruStyle/, and we will do what we can to help you.
Pantone sets the standards and here’s what they have to say about the fall and winter of 2018/19. The fall and winter colors won’t change much, power blue, pastel pink, mustard and burgundy are readily available. In fact, violet was the color of year.
Here’s a reminder of the spring 2018 styles and colors. You will notice much of this is still in play this fall.
For a more detailed breakdown of the Fall Winter trends for the 2018/2019 season you can download our report here. This guide will help you see what’s still showing up on the runway, what’s new and what’s for you.
If you haven’t learned about your personal brand and personal style yet, take our quiz at www.cyndyporter.com. Determining your personal brand takes time and introspection, this quiz will give you a quick idea of where you might fall.
Many of our clients find they are a combination of avatars. That might be your case too. Take a look at the various styles, see what you like and see what appeals to you! Enjoy!