I recently put together a wardrobe malfunction kit.
I call it an Essence of YOU® Wardrobe Emergency Kit. It has great, inexpensive products that can help you look your best and present your best image. No, I don’t sell the kit, I give it away. Sometimes at charity events, sometimes as a door prize.
A wardrobe malfunction can include an unraveled hem, a gaping neckline, a deodorant smudge, fuzz on your sweater, or a stain on your slacks.
1) Have you ever had a gaping neckline that wouldn’t stay closed??? What about a hem that unraveled halfway through the day? This always seems to occur right before an important appointment, a job interview or presentation! That’s why I recommend Fashion Tape. It is double sided and sticks on fabric and has saved the day for many of my clients.
2) Okay, what about that zipper you just can’t get up on you own. I love, love, love this item by The Peach Company.
3) There was a time, back in my corporate days when I had a one-day business trip. I flew to New York and back the same day, I didn’t have a change of clothes with me. While on the plane I dribbled coffee all over my white skirt. I had no way to cover it up. For those unforeseen mishaps, I now carry Tide to Go with me.
4) What about those clothes with static electricity that cling to you at all the wrong places? Static Guard will save the day!
5) What about those white smudges from deodorant gone awry? A special sponge or sheet can wipe it away.
6) The best cashmere can leave fuzz balls on your sweater. They can ruin your look. A gentle once over with a sweater shaver will leave these items looking brand new.
Try out these products and let me know what fashion malfunction you were able to avoid.
WANT MORE TIPS, TRICKS AND INFORMATION ON UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS? BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO CYNDY’S E-MAIL LIST AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION!